Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering diagnostic imaging services across the country through dedicated imaging centres in Cheltenham and Birmingham and a fleet of mobile MRI and CT scanners. Scanning over 130,000 patients each year, the Charity invests in the very latest imaging technology to support the NHS.
Cobalt supports a wide range of training and education programmes for radiographers and clinical support staff with the MRI department hosting a comprehensive and structured education and development package for Radiographers who want to specialise in MRI.
We also support radiography students from the University of Gloucestershire, are developing an Imaging Academy and will soon to introduce apprenticeships and assistant practitioner roles. The facilitation team benefits from the strategic support of a new Head of Training and Education who started in January 2023.
We are offering an enthusiastic and highly motivated radiographer with a specific interest in training, education and developing the role for radiographers and clinical support staff in the UK the opportunity to join our MRI Training Facilitator team.
About the role
Based at Cobalt Imaging Centre in Cheltenham Gloucestershire you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the MRI Trainee Training Program and other educational programs in accordance with The Charity training and education strategy.
Supporting radiography students from the University of Gloucestershire in MRI, liaison with University teams to ensure a positive student experience.
There is a clinical lead radiographer commitment with this post undertaking MRI scanning sessions at the Imaging Centre and also in the field supporting MRI Trainees in the field on mobiles using a wide range of MRI systems with advanced technologies.
It is estimated that training facilitator and clinical lead responsibilities will be split 80/20. Protected administrative time will be allocated.
This role is considered full time based on 37.5 hours per week across seven days. Flexible working opportunities are available at Cobalt and part time contracts may be considered for exceptional candidates.
- Supervise MRI trainees, providing practical training and assessment for a wide range of MRI examinations and MRI systems
- Undertake performance reviews and action, appraisals and set objective targets
- Supervise radiography students or apprentices on placement from partnership educational institutions
- High level of proficiency in all aspects of MRI, undertaking Imaging procedures in line with clinical guidelines and safety protocols.
- Handle and operate highly specialised equipment, run Quality Assurance checks and maintain records
- Cannulation, supply and administration of contrast media and medicines in line with departmental guidelines
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD
- Some occasional travel to satellite sites to visit MRI Trainees or Students will be necessary
Skills and experience required
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Post Graduate qualification in training and education or equivalent is desirable
- Experience of delivering training and education in a healthcare setting is essential
- An in depth knowledge of theoretical and clinical MRI is essential
- Ability to develop training modules and practical assessments for the MRI Trainee program and other objective driven training documents for students on placement, peers and allied clinical staff at Cobalt
- Demonstrable experience in MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management at a senior level
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice
- Flexible approach to working
- UK driving license
Benefits and rewards
- Competitive salary matched to your skills and experience
- Great working environment
- Work with a wide range of specialised equipment
- Generous company salary sacrifice pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus public holidays rising with service
- Life assurance cover at 4 x annual salary
- Support for professional and personal wellbeing
- Employee benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car allowance for eligible roles
- Complementary healthcare benefit scheme
- Service recognition
How to apply
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV.
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to where you live prior to completing an application form.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early once sufficient applications have been received.