We are looking for an experienced MRI radiographer with both proven management and clinical research experience to lead our dedicated MRI research imaging facility in Birmingham.
Institute of Translational Medicine (ITM) Imaging Centre is based on the campus of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. The Centre was established in 2016 to support research generated by the University of Birmingham and University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust. Housing a Siemens Skyra 3.0T MRI system, the Centre also supports clinical patients from the Trust. The service is delivered through a joint staffing model developed from a strong partnership with both the Trust and Siemens Healthineers
What’s the job?
You will manage a team of radiographers and support staff, delivering a wide range of research including neuro, oncology, and cardiac. You will also be the CQC Registered Manager and also responsible for ongoing quality accreditations including the Quality Standard in Imaging.
You will have a high level of professionalism, technical skills and strong focus on healthcare will reflect the Charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable, and efficient MRI service is maintained for our patients and people.
This post is considered full time based on 37.5 hours per week across seven days.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for daily operational management.
- Lead for quality standards including QSI and ISO accreditations
- Ensure the Centre is operated to the highest level of clinical and research governance
- Manage MRI personnel at all levels, collaborate, and forge positive relationships with the Trust, University and other stakeholders
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account
Skills and experience
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Demonstrable experience in research and clinical MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management
- Experience in working with a wide range of stakeholders with competing agendas
- Proven management experience, staff deployment, performance management, and recruitment.
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice and Governance
- Flexible approach to working
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact Karen Hackling-Searle, Head of MRI.
Tel: 01242 535925 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV, certificate and cover letter.