Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering advanced diagnostic imaging services across the country to the NHS and private sector. Our fleet of MRI scanners delivers the latest technologies in MRI imaging, including 1.5Tesla and the only 3.0Tesla mobile MR systems in the UK.
We are offering enthusiastic and highly motivated radiographers the opportunity to join our expanding mobile MRI team.
Based at our Imaging Centre in Cheltenham and supporting hospitals delivering high-quality patient focussed mobile MRI services in various locations around the UK.
The job will involve regional travel, overnight stays, weekend and bank holiday working.
Full-time posts are based on 37.5 hours per week across seven days. Full time not for you? Talk to us about flexible opportunities at Cobalt.
As a Cobalt MRI Radiographer your high level of professionalism, technical skills and strong patient care will reflect the charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable and efficient MRI service is maintained for our patients.
Key role responsibilities
- High level of proficiency in all aspects of MRI, undertaking Imaging procedures in line with clinical guidelines and safety protocols
- Handle and operate highly specialised equipment, run Quality Assurance checks and maintain records
- Cannulation, supply and administration of contrast media and medicines in line with departmental guidelines
- Supervise MRI trainees and radiography students on placement, providing practical training and assessment for a wide range of MRI examinations and MRI systems
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD
Required skills and qualifications
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Demonstrable experience in MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice
- Flexible work ethic
- Full UK driving licence
Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to where you live prior to completing an application form.
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Karen Hackling-Searle, Head of MRI
Tel: 01242 535925 Email: email@example.com
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV, certificate and cover letter.