Cobalt launched a mobile PET/CT service in January 2023 with the latest Siemens PET/CT technology. The new mobile PET/CT and integrated support unit provide a mobile PET/CT department with a reception, waiting room hot toilet, hot lab, four uptake rooms and patient and staff facilities. We are looking for radiographers ideally with PET/CT experience, although experienced CT radiographers can apply, as full training will be given.
To carry out the day to day scanning on a mobile PET/CT unit, using the latest Siemens PET/CT technology. To support a mobile PET/CT service for other NHS Trusts and hospitals. To ensure a safe reliable and efficient PET/CT service is maintained.
To undertake modality specific imaging procedures efficiently and effectively for all patients; adhering to best practice of radiographic technique. Maintaining a high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice.
Key role responsibilities
- As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, to perform excellent quality imaging studies in accordance with departmental protocols.
- To support the operational hours of the clinical service which are predominantly Monday to Saturday 07:30 – 19:00.
- To ensure that clinical and related research imaging is undertaken in an efficient, safe and timely manner in accordance with local and national protocols, maintaining a high level of patient care both before, during and after imaging procedures.
- To maintain practised venous access and be responsible for drawing, measuring and injecting radiotracers and CT Contrast into patients in accordance with local rules, under the guidance of the ARSAC Licence Holder.
- To perform diagnostic MDCT examinations if required.
- To ensure patient safety at all times.
- To provide physical and emotional support to patients throughout their attendance.
- To perform routine quality control checks on all relevant equipment, immediately reporting any problems or malfunctions to the PET/CT Department Manager.
Skills and qualifications required
- HPC Registration
- D.C.R. or BSc in Radiography
- Experienced PET/CT and CT Radiographer
- Experience of participating in research trials
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Roisin Dobbin-Stacey, Head of PET/CT and CT
Tel: 01242 535917 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV and cover letter.