Cobalt Health (Cobalt) is a medical charity, established in 1964 to help people affected by cancer, dementia and other conditions. Each year we provide diagnostic imaging for over 115,000 patients at imaging centres in Cheltenham and Birmingham, and through a fleet of mobile and relocatable MRI, PET/CT and CT scanners supporting NHS hospitals and other medical facilities across the UK.
Cobalt focuses on offering equipment and services not generally available within the NHS to support many patients. Imaging centres house the latest technology designed to improve patient comfort, enable shorter scanning times and deliver superior image quality. Using ultra-low dose mobile CT, we are the leading provider of lung cancer screening services in the UK, working in partnership with the NHS in many community locations.
Due to continued growth, the current Medical Director is going to focus on our expanding research portfolio. We are looking for a clinical leader who will work with the senior management team and board of trustees to provide clear leadership on both medical workforce and clinical issues. Initially it is considered that the time commitment will be on average one day per work, but this may increase as the organisation continues to grow. The successful applicant will be employed by the charity, although a self-employed candidate will be considered.
Key role responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate systems and procedures are embedded to deliver safe, caring effective medical care
- Providing clinical advice to the board
- Providing professional leadership and being a bridge between medical staff and the Board
- To advise the Board of Trustees on all clinical matters
- Providing translation, assessing the mood and creating alignment between the organisation and medical staff
- Outward facing work with external organisations
- Quality/Clinical Governance
- Overseeing the appointment of clinicians
- Assisting in the formation and implementation of clinical strategy
- Responsible for identifying good practice and sharing it to improve performance and reputation
Required qualifications and experience
- GMC registered specialist consultant
- Experience of participating in and developing research projects
- Extensive experience of leading and directing change in clinical practice with evidence of successful outcomes
- Demonstrates relevant experience and skills of continuous improvement techniques, which have led to sustained service improvement and improvement in patient quality
- Highly developed leadership and influencing skills
- A commitment to improving patient services through a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV.
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To arrange an informal conversation please contact Rachel Burke, email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday 31 August 2022