£40,000 to £41,500 Per Annum
Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering diagnostic imaging services across the country through dedicated imaging centres in Cheltenham and Birmingham and a fleet of mobile MRI and CT scanners. Scanning over 110,000 patients each year, the Charity invests in the very latest imaging technology to support the NHS.
We are looking for an experienced MRI radiographer to complement our small team working at our dedicated MRI imaging facility in Birmingham. You will have proven experience at a senior level and comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of clinical imaging, including cardiac MR.
Experience in research imaging and research governance is an advantage although training will be provided to the right candidate.
Institute of Translational Medicine (ITM) Imaging Centre is based on the campus of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. The Centre was established in 2016 to support research generated by the University of Birmingham and University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust. Housing a Siemens Skyra 3.0T MRI system, the Centre also supports clinical patients from the Trust. The service is delivered through a joint staffing model developed from a strong partnership with both the Trust and Siemens Healthineers.
You will work closely with a team of radiographers and support staff, delivering a wide range of research and clinical imaging including neuro, oncology, and cardiac. You will also support the Research Superintendent with maintenance of ongoing CQC compliance and quality accreditations including the Quality Standard in Imaging.
You will have a high level of professionalism, technical skills and a strong focus on healthcare that will reflect the Charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable, and efficient MRI service is maintained for our patients and people.
The Imaging Centre is operational Monday – Sunday. Both full-time and part-time applications will be considered across the seven days.
Key role responsibilities
- High level of proficiency in all aspects of MRI, undertaking Imaging procedures in line with clinical or research guidelines and safety protocols
- Handle and operate highly specialised equipment, run Quality Assurance checks and maintain records
- Cannulation, supply and administration of contrast media and medicines in line with departmental guidelines
- Collaborate, and forge positive relationships with the Trust, University and other stakeholders
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD
Required skills and qualifications
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Demonstrable experience in research and clinical MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice and Governance
- Flexible approach to working
Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to where you live prior to completing an application form.
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact Karen Hackling-Searle, Head of MRI.
Tel: 01242 535925 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV, certificate and cover letter.