Bath, Bristol, Birmingham
Mobile services in the following locations around the UK
Cobalt is an innovative and dynamic medical imaging charity delivering advanced diagnostic imaging services across the country to the NHS and private sector. Our fleet of MRI scanners delivers the latest technologies in MRI imaging, including 1.5Tesla and the only 3.0Tesla mobile MR system in the UK. We are inviting highly motivated radiographers who are passionate about innovation and healthcare the opportunity to join our expanding mobile MRI team.
This is a senior bank role working on an “as required” basis supporting the mobile MRI services during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
You will deliver high-quality patient focussed mobile MRI services to support hospital sites in various locations around the UK. Talk to us about flexible opportunities at Cobalt, choose the sites that suit your location from the list above and get in touch. If you want to travel further afield? Support with overnight accommodation and mileage is provided at eligible sites. Weekend and bank holiday working is also available.
As a Cobalt MRI Radiographer your high level of professionalism, technical skills and strong patient care will reflect the charity’s values and ensure a safe, reliable and efficient MRI service is maintained for our patients.
Key role responsibilities
- High level of proficiency in all aspects of MRI, undertaking Imaging procedures in line with clinical guidelines and safety protocols
- Handle and operate highly specialised equipment, run Quality Assurance checks and maintain records
- Cannulation, supply and administration of contrast media and medicines in line with departmental guidelines
- Supervise MRI trainees and radiography students on placement, providing practical training and assessment for a wide range of MRI examinations and MRI systems
- Ensure due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and ensure patients’ views are sought and taken into account
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD
Required skills and qualifications
- HCPC registration
- DCR or BSc in Radiography
- Demonstrable experience in MRI covering all body areas, techniques and contrast media management
- High level of professionalism and technical standard of work compliant with relevant Codes of Practice
- Flexible work ethic
For an informal conversation, or to find out more, please get in touch with Karen Hackling-Searle, Head of MRI, using the contact details below.
Tel: 01242 535914 Email email@example.com
Please contact us if you are looking for a position locally to where you live prior to completing an application form.
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV, certificate and cover letter.
From 1st April 2022, all CQC registered providers of healthcare must ensure that their staff have received at least two Covid-19 vaccinations. This means all our staff will need to have received their first vaccination by 3rd February 2022. There are limited medical grounds on which exemption may apply and we are happy to discuss your personal circumstances with you if you are considering making an application for any job at Cobalt.
If you are considering an application to Cobalt for employment please consider whether you are already fully vaccinated or that you are planning to have the vaccination within the timeframe outlined by HM Government.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their vaccination status before they start their new job. Cobalt is committed to protecting personal data and is fully compliant with the rules of GDPR.