Cobalt is a medical imaging charity with services accredited to the Quality Standard for Imaging (QSI). The Charity has recently invested in a fleet of four Siemens go. CT scanners providing the very latest CT technology.
To carry out the day to day scanning on the mobile CT units, supporting a wide range of CT examinations including lung cancer screening, using the latest Siemens CT technology. To ensure a safe reliable and efficient CT service is maintained with a high level of patient satisfaction. To undertake modality specific imaging procedures efficiently and effectively for all patients; adhering to the best practice of radiographic technique. Maintaining a high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice.
Key role responsibilities
- To have highly specialist knowledge of all CT specific procedures.
- Undertaking supervised imaging procedures in line with existing modality-specific clinical guidelines and protocols (IR(ME)R 2000, Code of Clinical Practice) Protocol the patient referrals in line with the departmental guidelines.
- Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate.
- Ensures due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and to ensure patient views are sought and taken into account.
- Undertake examinations in line with the patient referrals adhering to departmental guidelines.
- To be proficient in all aspects of CT and image transfer for remote reporting where required.
- To hold the appropriate cannulation qualification.
- Manipulate and position all patients providing immobilisation when required.
- Handle and operate highly specialised and expensive equipment.
Required skills and experience
- HPC Registration
- D.C.R. or BSc in Radiography
- Substantial postgraduate experience in CT
- Awareness of changes within imaging practice
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and the relevance to practice
- Experience of Audit
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Roisin Dobbin-Stacey, Head of PET/CT and CT
Tel: 01242 535917 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV, certificate and cover letter.