North of England
Cobalt is a medical charity and we are looking for CT Radiographers and Radiographic Assistants to support our new Lung screening services in the North of England (Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, and Hull).
To primarily carry out Lung Screening on mobile CT unit at mobile sites but also supporting a wide range of CT examinations using the latest Siemens CT technology. To ensure a safe reliable and efficient CT service is maintained. To undertake modality specific imaging procedures efficiently and effectively for all patients; adhering to best practice of radiographic technique. Maintaining a high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice.
Key role responsibilities
- Undertaking imaging procedures in line with existing modality specific clinical guidelines and protocols (IR(ME)R 2000, Code of Clinical Practice) Protocol the patient referrals in line with the departmental guidelines
- Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate
- Ensures due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and to ensure patients views are sought and taken into account
- Undertake examinations in line with the patient referrals adhering to departmental guidelines
- To be proficient in all aspects of CT and image transfer for remote reporting where required
- To hold the appropriate cannulation qualification
- Manipulate and position all patients providing immobilisation when required
- Handle and operate highly Specialised and expensive equipment
- Should imaging equipment malfunction during an examination evaluate the situation and provide an immediate solution
- Provide advice and supervision to Radiographers encountering such a situation
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD
Required skills and experience
- HPC Registration DCR. or BSc in Radiography
- Experienced CT Radiographer
- Ability to assess and implement highly specialist imaging procedures
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Roisin Dobbin-Stacey, Head of PET/CT and CT
Tel: 01242 535917 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV, certificate and cover letter.