Cobalt is a medical imaging charity with services accredited to the Quality Standard for Imaging (QSI). The Charity has recently invested in a fleet of four Siemens go. CT scanners providing the very latest CT technology.
To carry out the day to day scanning on mobile/relocatable CT unit at Kirkcaldy/Borders and other mobile sites should it be required. Supporting a wide range of CT examinations including lung cancer screening, using the latest Siemens CT technology. To ensure a safe reliable and efficient CT service is maintained. To undertake modality specific imaging procedures efficiently and effectively for all patients; adhering to best practice of radiographic technique. Maintaining a high level of professionalism and technical standard of work, complying with relevant Codes of Practice.
Key role responsibilities
- Undertaking imaging procedures in line with existing modality specific clinical guidelines and protocols (IR(ME)R 2000, Code of Clinical Practice) Protocol the patient referrals in line with the departmental guidelines.
- Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate.
- Ensures due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and to ensure patients views are sought and taken into account.
- Undertake examinations in line with the patient referrals adhering to departmental guidelines.
- To be proficient in all aspects of CT and image transfer for remote reporting where required.
- To hold the appropriate cannulation qualification.
- Manipulate and position all patients providing immobilisation when required.
- Handle and operate highly Specialised and expensive equipment.
- Should imaging equipment malfunction during an examination evaluate the situation and provide an immediate solution.
- Provide advice and supervision to Radiographers encountering such a situation.
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD.
Required skills and experience
- HPC Registration DCR. or BSc in Radiography
- Substantial post graduate experience in CT
- Postgraduate management experience or training
For an informal conversation or to find out more before making an application contact:
Roisin Dobbin-Stacey, Head of PET/CT and CT
Tel: 01242 535917 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Cobalt is not able to sponsor non-EU/EEA Tier 2 applications.
To apply, please download our application form from the menu on the right and upload it along with your CV, certificate and cover letter.